I accidentally deleted my entire website (my fault), and my backups weren't working properly, but they managed to provide a b...展开
ackup and support within record time. Saved me from a panic attack. Truly appreciate that! Some cons: a bit slower than my previous BlueHost, but definitely far less expensive. Also uses the latest MySQL on VPS only, not shared hosting.
Was stuck and needed my VPS to be up and running ASAP, their support team got back to me very fast and helped me tackle the problem.
Arvixe - No No
I had experienced tough situations like the site is down for 3 days chasing their support for resolution. They removed phone ...展开
support, chat support as well. Now chat support is coming back but I can bet they can not understand anything you say. Now the pricing is increased showing the greatest support they are offering :) Joke of the day...
I definitely do not recommend Arvixe hosting... I have to take a shot in migrating to a better service.
I do not recommend Shinjiru based on many problems I had with them. Trying to work out issues can be extremely difficult with...展开
their tech support, as they fail to understand of address problems possibly due to understanding of the English language despite my efforts to be as clear and easy to understand as possible. It is also a different tech support person every time a ticket is created. I read a lot of good things about them and I read they are privacy focused, which is important to me. My problems started within the first couple of days that I signed up. My site was to be a personal website and to host a forum for a group of online gaming friends.
Here is a list of the problems I faced, in order:
- I was unaware that the domain I registered was already listed by Spamhaus due to abuse by a previous registrant. Shinjiru would not refund me any amount or offer credit to purchase another domain name. I needed to be able to send forum activation and password reset emails. (Also, Spamhaus refused to de-list by domain name).
- Tech support directed me to sign up for Cloudflare and told me this would take care of the problem. I did this some time later and it did not take care of the problem.
- Within a week or so of signing up with Shinjiru, my URL became inaccessible. Shinjiru's nameserver was blacklisted by Spamhaus, forcing me to register with Cloudflare. I found this out from tech support. They did not bother to email me to let me know that my URL was inaccessible due to the deactivation of their nameserver.
- Once this happened, when I would try to communicate with tech support via email, my Proton Mail account sending abilities were frozen for 48 hours. This happened 3 times. I have never sent any kind of spam or marketing or abusive email in my life. I later found out that Shinjiru's tech support URL in the tech support emails triggered the block. I was finally able to get Proton Mail to allow me to reply to tech support emails without freezing my sending ability,
- I finally signed up for Cloudflare after trying to explain to Shinjiru that I did not purchase my domain through them to have to use Cloudflare instead. They offered no remedy or explanation.
- I created a test email address on my domain through cPanel. I used it to test my sending abilities to my Proton Mail account. The emails were instantly rejected as spam. I requested de-listing of my domain name again through Spamhaus.
- When I tried to access that email address on my domain later, the server would become unresponsive and I could not access the inbox. I was able to use a workaround by using an alternate cPanel mail app. I saw that Spamhaus again denied my request.
- I contacted tech support about the problem I was facing with accessing my email box via the Roundcube app on cPanel. They replied requesting my Cloudflare login details, and simultaneously deleted my Cloudflare nameserver entries, removed my domain lock, and disabled my ability to edit my domain name settings.
- When contacting tech support about this, the response I got was "This is not possible as your domain has been suspended by registry and flagged High Alert. Please provide a company license to prove the legitimacy of the business running on your site."
I will remind you that I never once sent any kind of malicious, spam, or marketing emails of any kind on this domain, and never have in my entire life. I have never run a business and was not using the domain for any kind of business whatsoever. It is the first domain name I ever purchased.
Also, as stated in their T&C, Shinjiru does not refund Bitcoin payments. Instead, they give you an account credit. This credit is now useless to me as I do not trust their service. Shinjiru made over $60USD from me less than one month ago and made it impossible for me to use their service.
Thank you, Shinjiru, for the absolutely poor service and experience. I had high hopes.