If you are looking to convert your Wix site into WordPress free platform, you’ve come to the right place.
Many people use Wix – a great website builder platform, to build their website, but then discover they are tied to host their site on wix.com which is not the cheapest around. In this short post, you will learn how to convert your Wix based site into WordPress.
Please share this article so others will know of this opportunity!
There are 3 steps to take:
- Installing WordPress on iPage
- Installing conversion plugin on your new WP
- Clicking “Stat Migration”
Step 1 – installing WordPress
1. Click the “Sign Up Now” button on iPage as seen below.
2. See if your prized domain name is available. *If you already have a domain, then no problem, type it in, and iPage will move it to your new account from Wix.
3. If you discover your domain name is not available, you have one of two choices: A. Pick a similar domain from the list of suggestions. B. See if a different domain name idea is waiting to be grabbed. Completing this step will take you to the “create account” page.
4. Provide Your Billing/Account Information
- Be sure to provide an email address you frequently use
- I usually do a 12 month plan
- I typically uncheck the domain privacy extra
- Go ahead and uncheck all the extras, you don’t need them
Click Check Out (You can add them later at any time)
Once your account is set up, you can now install wordpress.
5. Click on the WordPress icon under the “website” section in the admin area.
6. You will then be redirected to the Mojo Marketplace where the installation will take place
7. Click on the “Install” button to begin the WordPress installation process
8. Choose your domain from the drop-down menu, and click “check domain”
9. Last step, check the terms and conditions box and click “install now”
10. Once the installation is complete you will receive an email with your WordPress login credentials.
Step 2: installing the conversion plugin
Download CMS2CMS – This is a plugin that helps convert one CMS (Content Management Software) to another, or in this case Wix to WordPress.
You can download it from here http://wordpress.org/plugins/cms2cms-wix-to-wp-migrator/
Step 3: On your WP plugin menu, click “Start Migration”
This is it. It should not take you more than 10 minutes to complete.
Please note, some minor changes to design can occur due to the differences between Wix and WordPres.